Introduction to Unified Modelling Language (UML)
Everyone involved in software development requires a solid understanding of the concepts underpinning the object technology and the rationale of OO modelling. This course introduces the fundamentals of object technology and modelling to both management and IT development staff. An overview of the Unified Modelling Language (UML) and a walkthrough of all the different types of UML diagrams are presented
Interested in attending this course?
To register your interest submit the expression of interest form.
Download Spring 2013 Time Table (pdf, 82kb)
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone interested in learning the fundamentals principle of modelling and UML including but not restricted to:
- Managers wanting to familiarise themselves with UML and know how to read UML models
- Business and system analysts
- System designers and architects
- Software developers
The introduction to UML is a prerequisite to the advanced courses in Object Oriented (OO) Analysis and Design and Modelling with UML. Basic knowledge of the software development lifecycle and some general analysis and design techniques are assumed.
This course provides:
- An overview of OO technology
- A good understanding of OO modelling
- A comprehensive introduction of the UML
The major topics are:
- An introduction of both procedural and object approaches to software engineering
- An introduction of the key concepts of Object Technology
- An introduction to OO modelling
- An introduction to the UML
- An overview and walkthrough of all UML diagrams