SQL Server 2012 for developers
This is one of the first academic course in the world to teach students on SQL Server 2012. It will provide attendees with the opportunity to take advantage of the new features provided by SQL Server 2012 so that they can design, build, query and develop enterprise SQL Server 2012 databases and servers.
Participants will design, build, query and develop enterprise SQL Server 2012 databases and servers.
This is a practical course for the ICT Industry utilising the latest SQL Server 2012 developed by Microsoft. SQL Server 2012 provides much anticipated improvements to the management studio with the move to Visual Studio shell, as well as new data quality tools and a wealth of programming enhancements. This course provides attendees with the knowledge necessary to take advantage of new features provided by SQL Server 2012. It provides a comprehensive overview of technologies, security and design best practices with particular emphasis on hands-on skills.
Interested in attending this course?
To register your interest submit the expression of interest form.
To enroll in this short course:
- you must submit an Application Form [PDF 70kb] to secure a place. Submission of an application form is confirmation of your intent to enroll and make a reservation. Your credit card will be charge 7-14 days prior to the scheduled commencement date. Or
- for online payment please click here (open external site). Payment will be directly debited from your credit card
Download Spring 2013 Time Table (pdf, 82kb)
Who should attend?
The target audience for this course is:
- New developers with previous programming experience in VB.NET, C#, .NET or other modern languages wanting to upgrade their skills
- Intermediate programmers who wish to design and build Windows and Web based applications using SQL Server 2012
- Programmers who are evaluating Microsoft SQL Server 2012 tools
Previous programming experience in VB, C, .NET or other modern language.
$850, $0 gst
On completion of this course, students should have the skills to:
- Learn to administer SQL Server 2012 databases
- Decide whether to migrate to SQL Server 2012
- Develop and write code for SQL Server 2012
- Use SQL Server 2012 reporting services
- Design a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
This course has a particular emphasis on real world applications and skills.
The major topics covered are:
- SQL Server 2012 Architecture and Components
- Programming SQL Server 2012 with .NET
- Enhancements to Transact-SQL
- Data Quality Services
- Security features
- Geospatial data
Although there will be a number of hands-on exercises during the course, there is no formal assessment.
No formal texts are required
Linux or Unix lab SQL Server 2012 and Visual Studio 2012 are loaded in a laboratory environment
Participants will have access to a fully functional version of the software and will be provided with up-to-date versions of the hands-on-labs and other presentation materials in the UTS labs. This will allow participants to trial practical, real-world examples of SQL Server 2012 software solutions.