Managing and using Share Point 2010
This course is to introduce SharePoint 2010 to IT professional who need to understand, install, configure and administrate, and design a Microsoft SharePoint Environment.
Interested in attending this course?
To register your interest submit the expression of interest form.
To enroll in this short course:
- you must submit an Application Form [PDF 70kb] to secure a place. Submission of an application form is confirmation of your intent to enroll and make a reservation. Your credit card will be charge 7-14 days prior to the scheduled commencement date. Or
- for online payment please click here (open external site). Payment will be directly debited from your credit card
Download Spring 2013 Time Table (pdf, 82kb)
Who should attend?
The target audience for this course is:
- Information technology professionals who need to install implement and administrate SharePoint 2010.
- Technical audience with an interest in SharePoint2010 e.g. administrators, developers, and web masters
Participants should have basic computer literacy, including the use of application software such as word-processors, spreadsheets and or databases and understanding of the Internet. Prior familiarity with SharePoint is not required.
Basic HTML knowledge will come in handy for the web publishing tasks, but is not required.
$1600, $0 gst
On completion of this course, students should have the skills to:
- Recognise the distinctive SharePoint 2010 concepts and terminologies
- Set up and organise SharePoint 2010
- Appreciate the available features of the versions Windows SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server
- Configure search for accessing information indexed by SharePoint Server
- Map and implement a secure portal solution
- Comprehend and apply SharePoint 2010's document management features
This course has a particular emphasis on real world applications and skills. Topics covered include:
- What is SharePoint?
- How to install SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint User Interface
- Creating lists and document libraries
- SharePoint Document Management
- Migrating content into SharePoint
- SharePoint and Search
- Creating workflows in SharePoint
- Creating a SharePoint Portal
- Web Publishing
- Advanced SharePoint features
- SharePoint Business Data Connectivity Services
- SharePoint Security
- SharePoint Administration
- Form and Excel Services
There are no assumptions of previous SharePoint experience, the course will start with a simple overview, and then will dive into configuring SharePoint's many facets with hands-on labs.
For satisfactory completion of this short course the student must demonstrate their competence by successfully completing a final quiz and by satisfactory attendance (at least 90%). By engaging in this assessment students are stimulated into personal reflection about all the objectives of this short course.
No formal texts are required
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
Students will have access to a fully functional version of the software, and will be provided with up-to-date versions of the hands-on-labs and other presentation materials. Students will discover and try out practical, real-world examples of SharePoint 2010 software solutions.